Lecturer Visa

Apply for Non-Immigration Visa Procedure

In the case of a teacher, professor, or expert in a government educational institution:

Criteria for Consideration

The alien:

  1. Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
  2. Must have been confirmed and requested by the particular educational institution.

Documents to be submitted

  1. Application form
  2. Copy of applicant’s passport
  3. Copy of work permit
  4. Letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by the educational institution, specifying the applicant’s title, monthly salary rate, and term of employment

Changing Visa from Tourist Visa to Non – Immigrant “B”

The application must be submit at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

  1. Form TM. 86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Non – Immigrant “ED”
  2. A Copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM. 6)
  3. 2 inch size photograph
  4. Application fee of Baht 2,000.
  5. Letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by the educational institution, specifying the applicant’s title, monthly salary rate, and term of employment


Notification of staying in Thailand over 90 days

An alien who has stayed in Thailand over 90 days must notify your residence to the Immigration Office every 90 days. You can do as the following:

  1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Notification in person

  • Notification Form T.M. 47 (No Fee)

Notification by registered mail

  • Copy of passport pages with following pages
  • Front page showing name/surname/Passport No., etc.
  • Current Visa
  • Last entry stamp of immigration
  • Last extension of visa
  • Copy of departure card T.M. 6
  • Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. (You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

The Fine

  • The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Re – entry Visa

In case of an alien has to travel outside of Thailand for a short period, you need to proceed a re-entry permit before traveling. For the Re-entry

Visa, you will need to submit the following:


  • Application Form T.M. 8
  • 2 inches photo
  • Re-entry permit fee (1,000 Baht for single or 3,800 Baht for multiple)

Notice: Re-entry permits must be applied for in person


Form Download ;
Form TM. 7
Form TM.8
Form TM.47
Form TM.86