Student Visa



  1. Thai visa extension for foreign students should be prepared a month before the visa’s expiration date. The faculty will collect the passports of the students who need to extend their visas and send them to the International Affairs Division of RMUTP University.
  2. In the situation where your faculty has exchange students, volunteers and/or foreign researchers, a NON-Immigrant Visa “Category ED” is required. Do not confuse this visa with the NON-Immigrant Visa “Category B” because a NON-Immigrant Visa “B” is needed for business transactions and/or work permits.
  3. Visa on Arrival for entering the Kingdom of Thailand
    • The passport holder whose passport is stamped at every border checkpoint is able to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for 15 days
    • The passport holder whose passport is stamped at Suvarnabhumi Airport checkpoint is able to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for 30 days (Notes: It also depends on the Visa agreement of each country)
  4. Foreign student must report themselves at the Immigration Bureau every 3 months (90 days), if he or she fails to do so, he or she will be fined for 2,000 Baht. A letter can be sent instead of going in person, but must be received prior to the end of the 90 day term.
  5. Foreign student who need to travel outside the Kingdom of Thailand must receive a Re-entry permit before traveling at the Immigration Bureau, Chaengwattana, Bangkok. If the student fails to do so, his or her latest Visa will be invalid. There are 2 types of Re-entry permit;
    • Re-entry permit for single trip costs 1,000 Baht.
    • Re-entry permit for multiple trips costs 3,800 Baht.

Visa Extension

 An alien who applies for a Non – Immigran “ED” for the first time, you can stay in Thailand for 90 days. For the next time, you must apply for an extension to continue staying for 1 year before the expiration of your visa about 1 month. For the extension, you will need to submit the following:

  1. Letter of University
  2. Passport and Copy of the Passport every pages.
  3. Application Form T.M. 7 + 2 inches photo
  4. Copy of Academic Transcript
  5. Copy of registration receipt
  6. Visa Extension Fee 1,900 Baht

Notice: Visa Extension must be applied for in person


Notification of staying in Thailand over 90 days

An alien who has stayed in Thailand over 90 days must notify your residence to the Immigration Office every 90 days. You can do as the following:

  1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Notification in person

  • Notification Form T.M. 47 (No Fee)

Notification by registered mail

  • Copy of passport pages with following pages
  • Front page showing name/surname/Passport No., ect.
  • Current Visa
  • Last entry stamp of immigration
  • Last extension of visa
  • Copy of departure card T.M. 6
  • Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. (You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

The Fine

  • The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.


Re – entry Visa

In case of an alien has to travel outside of Thailand for a short period, you need to proceed a re-entry permit before traveling. For the Re-entry

Visa, you will need to submit the following:


  • Application Form T.M. 8
  • 2 inches photo
  • Re-entry permit fee (1,000 Baht for single or 3,800 Baht for multiple)

Notice: Re-entry permits must be applied for in person


Changing Visa from Tourist Visa to Non – Immigrant “ED”

The application must be submit at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

  1. Form TM. 86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Non – Immigrant “ED”
  2. A Copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM. 6)
  3. 2 inch size photograph
  4. Application fee of Baht 2,000.
  5. To study at a government university
    • A cooperation letter from the university
    • A Copy of academic record of applicant with the latest tuition fee receipt

 Form Download;
Form TM.7
Form TM.8
Form TM.47
Form TM.86